1. These sites are only for behind-the-scenes, non-performer jobs and employees in the live entertainment industry. Examples include: stage directors, designers, stagehands, lighting and sound programmers, projection operators, artistic directors, production managers, stage managers, box office staff, marketing and public relations staff, ushers, pit musicians, costumers and wardrobe staff, stage carpenters, theatre related equipment vendor jobs, company managers, etc... We do allow acting teacher jobs to be posted.
2. You may only post job listings on the OffStageJobs.com section. No please-hire-me type listings are allowed here.
3. TheContactSheets.com section is intended only for non-performer live entertainment freelancers posting a brief list of their skills, and contact information. It is not for posting entire resumes, or curriculum vitae. The goal is a fast read of what you can do, not your life story.
4. Contact information posted for any theatre, company, or person may only be used to contact that person or company for potential employment related reasons. You may not use information found on this site to send unrelated, unsolicited, or harassing e-mail, mail, faxes, or phone calls. (You can use it to apply for a job, or try to hire someone. That is it.)
5. Posting of false information of any kind is grounds for immediate removal of your listing.
6. Any listing containing information or employment requirements that are known to be illegal may be removed without notice to the posting company.
7. Absolutely no job listings will be allowed that contain (or from companies that claim to practice) discrimatory employment requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, restricting potential hiring based on applicants' sex, gender, sexual or romantic preference, skin color, race, marital status, or religious beliefs. If you believe your company or group's circumstance may allow for such discrimination (such as a religious organization) please contact the webmaster to see if your listing can be posted.
8. No job listing may be posted which requires potential applicants for the job to register an account or give personal information to another website, not directly owned and operated by the employer, in order to apply for the job. Any listing using a URL as the means of applying for the job which is found to require the applicant to register or create an account on a third-party (not the hiring employer) site, in order to begin or complete the application process, will be removed without notification to the employer or the company which posted the listing on the employer's behalf. It is unfair to require applicants to give personal information to a third party, or have another account to keep track of, simply to apply for a job with your theatre or company. If you have any questions about this new policy, please feel free to contact the webmaster.
9. Effective May 1, 2013: All companies and employers which post job listings on this site agree to pay all employees of positions they list on this site within thirty (30) days of the first day of employment, and with no more than thirty (30) days between paychecks if employment continues through that time. This rule shall apply regardless if the person(s) hired to fill the position(s) were found through this site or not.
This rule also applies to companies and employers paying listed positions as independent contractors.
The SOLE exception to this rule is if all three of the following criteria are met:
...1. The payment dates/timeframe are published in the listing.
...2. The payment dates/timeframe are listed in the employment contract.
...3. The contract is agreed to and signed by both the employer and person hired for the position.
Employers found to delay payment to employees or individuals longer than 30 days in violation of this rule shall be banned from using OffStageJobs.com.
Businesses may be comfortable waiting up to 90 days for payment. Individuals are not. It should not take over a month to process paperwork and cut a check to a new employee.
If you have any questions about this rule, please feel free to contact the webmaster..
10. Malicious flagging or reporting listings for abuse (black header listings) is grounds for being banned from the site.
12. Listings may not be flagged simply based on a users previous bad experience with the person or company that posted the listing.
13. OffStageJobs.com will not tolerate companies that are abusive to their employees. Companies that show a continuing pattern of problems are considered abusive. Problems include, but are not limited to: late payments, changing the nature of the job after hiring, violating contractural agreements, physical assult of employees without dismissal of offender, continuous verbal abuse of employees, or other such behavior or actions beyond what would reasonably be considered part of the stressful nature of this business. OffStageJobs.com keeps track of all complaints about companies that have posted on this site. While a single complaint about a company may not result in a listing's removal, a company that receives numerous complaints of a similar nature from multiple people over a period of time may be permanently banned from posting on OffStageJobs.com. Complaints that only seem to amount to "this place sucked" do not count toward any decision to ban an employer.
14. Listings that seem to attract repeated, or malicious flagging can be protected from further flags by the webmaster.
15. All job listings and Contact Sheet listings are user-submitted. We do not claim any responsiblity for the accuracy or content of the information in any listing, nor do we screen listings, companies, or individuals that use these sites. We highly encourage you to do your own research about a hiring company or individual prior to contacting them.
16. While every attempt will be made to deal with any issues as quickly as possible, as the sites are free of charge, outside employment of the webmaster or other staff must take priority.
17. All material, unless otherwise noted is Copyright 1997-2013 Patrick Hudson. You may not repost or republish ANY information found on these sites without permission. Copyright will be protected.
18. OffStageJobs.com, TheContactSheets, TheContactSheets.com and Traproom.com are Copyright 2001-2013, Patrick Hudson. This site operated as BackstageJobs.com from February 2001 through June 2013, & retains copyright for that time period.
19. OffStageJobs.com and TheContactSheets.com programming and functions are Copyright 2007 Nick Keenan.